Aeris Savant....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tx.lakerats

Club Web Master
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone could answer some of the questions that I have about this computer.

I am able to get one for around $200.00 and I know that Aeris is discontinuing this line...

I am a rookie at diving and looking to get something as a starter but not to break the bank either...

Any and all sugestions would be helpful...

Thanks in Advance!

Check the serial number ... anything 5000 or above is preferred because at that point in production they changed the chip and significantly increased the memory and function.

The SAVANT is essentially the same as the Oceanic XTC-100. Actually manufactured by Pelagic Systems

I have two of them and am very satisfied ... the #5000+ serial numbers require the use of the new downloader and software ...

I did experience early battery demise on these off the shelf but once I replaced the batteries they seem to do just fine ...

Easy to read, easy to set for Nitrox .. if you can get one for $200 or less .. I'd say "go for it"

I dive with a Aeris 300G, and I really like it, however, I would like to caution you as a new diver that the Aeris computers are more liberal than a lot of the other computers on the market, so be careful and don't push it.

I just ordered one for $200.. we'll post reviews I'm sure :wink:

I'm curious where you guys are buying SAVANTs at $200.

Might be worth my coin for a backup.

Bade

After having sent the third one back due to malfunctions I finally told them just to keep it and give me my money back.

This week on the boat we had a group of 7 divers all using new Savants and only 3 still worked by the end of the week.

I can see why they are 86ing this line.

Just my .02

Back
Top Bottom