Aeris new Jet Pack BCD contest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mselenaous

Island girl
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Key Largo, FL... Dive Capital of the World
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey Invaders!

We had a very lucky last minute surprise from Aeris. A brand new Jet Pack BCD/travel pac for Invaders to try out. One size fits all, weighs 8lbs and IS also your travel backpack holding ALL you diver gear AND a bit of clothing.

IF you live it and want to own it:
1 ask us to borrow it and dive it for 1 dive
2 after your dive, post a photo of you in the Jet Pack, or post a gear review IN THIS THREAD.

The names of those who post by Fri 5pm will be put in a hat and drawn by Netdoc at our finale dinner.
The winner gets to take home that Jet Pack as his/her very own!

Thank you Doug Krause from Aeris!

Happy Diving!
Elena

I am in the market for a new BC and was considering the Aeris Jet Pack as one of my choices. I was very excited when I found out Aeris offered one was a tester.

As a professional light packer, fighting against the rising luggage check-in fees, I love the idea that all your essential dive gear and more can be stowed in the pack and that the BC is part of the backpack and small enough to be considered your personal item.

A back inflated BC, I liked how there were individual compartments, for fins, masks, etc. It was easy to organize on land as well as on the boat, post dive. Was worried because it is a One Size Fits All, but it was very easy to adjust and offered a snug enough fit for a tiny me. Even the weight pockets were Velcro adjustable so you can choose where it sits on your hips. It was light weight, well padded on shoulder, hip and back straps and was easy to use. Although with all the clips and buckles I did find it difficult to determine how the backpack fit together as one especially when there are two sets of shoulder straps (one for BC and backpack.) But that could be my lack of spatial reasoning skills on holiday mode. Love that it is weight integrated as my current one is not.

All in all, it is a functional light weight BC, that delivered on its promise for a BC /travel bag in one, it will definitely be a top contender when I purchase a new BC.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added June 27th, 2013 at 03:59 AM ----------

P.S. had pics but my camera flooded and I lost some pics... maybe my buddy has one of me diving in it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

I had a chance to Dive the "Jet Pack Bc" for those of you that know me I'm a big guy, I wanted to challenge the one size fits all.. I cant believe it actually fit me... I have to buy a 2xl bc to have a chance and I was able to adjust this with no issues. The BC had 2 weight pockets and no trim weights, and I was able to hold plenty of weight to get down. The bc seemed to work fine under the water but on the surface it was a little goofy. This could be because I may have been missing some of the adjustments. I like the idea of the back pack for a weekend trip but if your on a week long trip I would still pack a bag

Likes,
Lightweight,
Back inflate
Back pack
good underwater
Very adjustable

Dislikes
Not enough D Rings
wing can be a little floppy
no cummerbund
no trim weights

Over all I like the bc and would use it on a . trip and if you keep in mind its a travel bc you'll probably love it

Enjoy

Mike

What a great idea for a new travel BC... a built in backpack to carry your other gear and some clothing. The Aeris Jet Pack includes a nice travel BC and a detachable backpack that should hold enough clothing for a long weekend dive trip.
I dove with the Jet Pack at the Scubaboard Invasion of Bonaire. Above water it is a little different because of all of the adjustments that are available, but once you get in the water it feels like you hardly have anything on at all. It is very streamlined underwater.
There are plenty of places to clip things onto the right shoulder strap and along the waist strap there are 2 moveable d-rings. I would have liked to have trim weight pockets on the back, but there was plenty of room in the front pockets for weight.
Overall a nice travel BC with a good sized backpack attached for carrying some other gear on the plane.
Pat Kendall

Attachments

• DSCN1053.jpg
    DSCN1053.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,215
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom