Aeris Manta Instructions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might also consider a Suunto Gekko. I find it incredibly easy to work through the functions. It's slightly bigger than a watch computer so easy to read also. And it's the first computer I've owned that I could actually hear the alarm. Once I forgot the manual on a trip but found I didn't need it.

It doesn't have a backlight so you have to "charge" it with your light for night dives (it lasts a couple hours) and data downloading is done via a 3rd party solution, otherwise I think it does everything the Manta did. Roughly the same price also - at least at LeisurePro.

Has anybody posted notes or friendly instructions/tips on how to use the Aeris Manta or its Oceanic equivalent, the Geo? I am plowing through the manual and I think I get it, but a lot of this stuff cannot be practiced until you dive with the computer. In fact, to understand the Deco functions you'd have to do a deco dive, which I don't want to do on purpose.

Alternatively, I did follow Divenav's link to their online course. Has anyone done this? Do you have to pay or just register? If so, how much is it?

Has anybody posted notes or friendly instructions/tips on how to use the Aeris Manta or its Oceanic equivalent, the Geo? .......

As You have figured out, we now have online classes for both the Aeris Manta and the Oceanic Geo.
The first 5 videos of every class is free.

.....Alternatively, I did follow Divenav's link to their online course. ....... Do you have to pay ............. how much is it?
They both have the same cost .... 700 Bubble Credits :D (equivalent to ~$7 .... actually less, because when you register you get for free 100 BC ... so you will have to buy only 600BC for ~$6).
If You buy a new dive computer, some retailers are offering our classes (either at discounted price or even free... it us up to them :wink:)

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom