Aeris Epic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lee.carter57

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Everyone!

I just want to start off by saying I am new to ScubaBoard.com. I hope that this forum is not tainted (like others) with [censored] that have nothing good to say. I am here to hopefully make some new dive buddies, and discuss all things dive related. I am a newer diver, I have been certified for 1year 3months, and just completed my advanced open water course. But there is still a lot that I need to learn.

I am posting in this section because I just purchased an Aeris Epic AI wrist computer. Does anyone know anything about them, and can you give me some feedback about it? I did a little research on the computer before I purchased it, and I think it will be a great computer for me, but some real world feedback from some one that owns one, or owned one would be nice.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an Aeris Epic. Specs look good an the AI works like a charm. However, I've had nothing but problems with it and also with Aeris customer support. The issue is that it keeps switching into dive mode, even when I'm no where near the sea. This is frustrating as you can't get it out of dive mode as it thinks you're on a dive (to 1.3 to 2.4m for 7 hours!!). It's clear the pressure sensor has gone and Aeris want another $175 to service it and replace the sensor. Computer has done 30 dives in a year, but apparently I bought it below MAP and Aeris will therefore not honor their warranty as the retailer sold it too cheap (and thats the customers fault?!). It seems it was quite a common problem, and I'm sure would be easily fixed - but another $175 on top of the $450 I paid for it is a bit much (and if I knew that it would not have had a warranty I would have bought a Suunto again).

I had one and put 50 or so dives on it. Always worked well, always linked with the transmitter. I wore it as a watch quite a lot. I sold it to a guy who still uses it and has had no problems. It should be about 4 years old by now. Read the manual, that is the best source on how to operate it.

Back
Top Bottom