Aeris Epic Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daxter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My new Epic should be here today or Thursday.:D Just wondering if anyone has used the Epic or atom 2.0? Are there any problems to be aware of with the watch or software? Any complaints? The only thread I could find was when it first came out and no report about how the user liked or disliked it. Thanks in advance.

I just got mine a few weeks ago and have used in on 6 dives now, and half of those were to depths of greater than 90 feet. I was using the Atmos AI before I picked this computer up. I am in love with my Epic! First of all, I like having my computer on my wrist. The size of the computer is great too. The natural magnification underwater makes this computer easy to read at depth as well.
I had no problems with my transmitter. It synchronizes automatically once the dive mode is entered. While the software isn't the greatest, it is easier to sync my Epic than it was to sync my Atmos AI for whatever reason.
Overall, I am thrilled with my Epic. Its size and functionality make it a great computer in my opinion.

H2OU, good to hear. I have a Cobra and a watch that has a depth gauge. I have found that I enjoy being able to see the info on my wrist much better than pulling on the cobra. Can't wait to try it out.

Daxter,
Please post your opinion once you get it wet. I think you are going to like it!

I probably should have posted a while ago, just been busy. My Epic is working great, just that this time of year I only have the pool and students to work with. So no real dives with it yet. I'm very happy with the general operation and design.

In the other Epic thread I was asked about profile comparison. I've had many different computers over the years and yes the epic is liberal (like the old days). You can set it to act like it's at altitude for a more conservative profile if you wish. But here's my personal philosophy when diving a back up computer that's more convservative. If I go into deco I always make sure I clear the conservative computer as well as the liberal. Extra safety IMHO. You also don't lock one out and effectively negate the back up.

Finally I like the computer so well..... I'm planing to get rid of my Mares M1 console and get a small back up spg (for the save dive kit) and an Atmos 2 or XR2 to clip onto my bc. Get rid of the hose and back up with the same algorithm. I already use an integrated octo inflator.

Well it took a couple of extra days for fed-ex to deliver(darn snow storms), but it finaly arrived. Spent the last week reading the instructions, seems simple enough. Now all I have to do is is wait for some of the snow to melt. I really need to move to a warmer state. :) I hate waiting. Will go down to New Mexico in a few weeks to give it a test run. Thanks again for the replies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom