Aeris Dive Downloader

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lemonade

Reaction score
Got myself 750GT. Considering buying the software. Anyone has any feedback on Aeris Dive Downloader? Good? Bad?

Thanks.

According to Aeris the software does not work on anything except Win95 & Win98. I am not sure if they meant "it doesn't work " or "it might work, but don't expect tech support from us"

Have anyone tried it on Win2000 or XP?

it works on windows ME

Lemonade once bubbled...
According to Aeris the software does not work on anything except Win95 & Win98. I am not sure if they meant "it doesn't work " or "it might work, but don't expect tech support from us"

Have anyone tried it on Win2000 or XP?

I have not yet managed to get it working on XP. The software initially would fail upon selecting the download icon. By using XP's compatibility mode, I have been able to get it to go past that point, but still no luck in getting it to register the parallel port piece. I am going to play with the printer port settings, but if anyone figures it out, please let me know.
Thanks,

Phil

I can't get the Aeries 750GT or the Oceanic DataTrans Pro software (which is actually the same software, just different versions) working on XP or 2K... I would REALLY hate to have to setup a 9x system to get this to work...

anyone?

-Shaun

I finally found out that my dive shop had let me down, and given me the wrong software and connector kit - Twice. After talking to Aeris directly, I was able to get a part number for the correct version. This one is supposed to work with XP. I will let you know how I make out as soon as I try it out.

The Areis downloader is not compatible with XP... they use int operations to communicate with the nest over the lpt port... in nt/2k/xp they must used named pipes... I am going to install 9x on another computer I have and figure out how they are talking to their nest... I will write a program that will update your .mdb (access database) on XP... it will probably take a week or two.

I will keep everyone updated here.

-Shaun

P.S. if you enable 9x compatibility mode for downloader.exe or 750gt.exe (right click->properties->compatibility) then it doesn't crash... but it still doesn't work.

I have written an application that allows the Aeris 750GT software (and the Oceanic DataTrans Plus) software to work on XP... It is just a loader, not a replacement.

Follow these instructions to get it to work:
1. Download the zip
2. Browse to the folder that Oceanlog is installed in.
3. Rename the current executable so that it begins with an underscore. For the Aeris software, this means change "750gt.exe" to "_750gt.exe". For Oceanic, change "Downloader.exe" to "_Downloader.exe".
4. Extract the contents of the zip into the Oceanlog folder (the same folder that the above EXE was in).
5. If you are using the Aeris software, rename the new "Downloader.exe" to "750GT.exe". If you are using the Oceanic software, leave the exe name as is.

That should be it...

-Shaun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom