Aeris Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Real-One

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Aeris Computers?
I am looking at the Aeris 500AI. I like the "readability" and Rodales gives it a favorable rating.

I have the Atmos Pro and one of my buddies has the 500AI. We have been very satisfied with the computers. Yes, the guage graphics are easy to read.
I also use the downloader to "log" my dives. The interface unit works very well. The software is stable but the functionality is poor.

I think that Aeris makes a cost effective computer for recreational diving.

DSAO

Thanks Daylight,

The only thing the 500AI did not show on their web site was
the "no fly time" Is it a screen you can access easily? How about the countdown, is it accurate?

Real-One

This comment is about the "no fly" time on the computers. I've always wondered why even add that feature/display one when most divers are going to ignore that and properly plan their dive/flight times per the appropriate safety standards??? And this begs the question, would not displaying this be what keeps you from buying the computer?

I have handled the 500AI and also like the looks/layout.

If you are considering a computer this expensive, check with Mario first...he tells me Beauchat is putting something out very soon that is nice combination of the best features of the Cobra and the Datamax Pro Plus.

Thanks for the info and no, that would not determine my desire to purchase. Everything else was very complete and that was the only feature not addressed.
I will keep checking the Beauchat site for the computer you (Mario) suggested.

Real-One

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom