Aeris and Oceanic??? This is a newb question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sotgecho

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am trying to figure this out. Are there any major differences between these two companies b/c I am confused if they are same compabut just package the equipment differently.

I am asking this b/c I am considering equipment right now since I finished my Open Water just recently and want to purchase my first sets of SCUBA gear.

Thanks in advance.

They are the Same company, like Ford and Lincoln. They shear the same office, and the tech support guys work on both lines.

They are one and the same company,but (some)differences in their equipment.
If you posted in eighter Aeris or Oceanic forum you would've gotten a answer directly from them.

PM me if you want me to move it.

cheers,

I am trying to figure this out. Are there any major differences between these two companies b/c I am confused if they are same compabut just package the equipment differently.

I am asking this b/c I am considering equipment right now since I finished my Open Water just recently and want to purchase my first sets of SCUBA gear.

Thanks in advance.

I was a partner in a dive operation in Southern California. At the time it was a situation where a father and son were both marketing the same product with different visual presentation. Now I understand, others may correct me, they are run as a single company. They are both or were identical, and excellent companies. I use the air integrated hose-less Aeris because I like the way the deco bar goes straight across the screen and not around the left or right circle. It comes down to your preference. I will add, that both companies offer exceptional warranties, I never had a problem returning an occasional one that was usually flooded due to diver error in replacing battery. Whatever you choose, for recreational diving they are great equipment. Like I said it's been awhile and there may only be one company or distributor for both.

Pelagic Pressure Systems, a company related to Oceanic sells computers to several dive equipment companies such as Aeris, Sherwood, and Oceanic.

While the Pelagic dive computers sold under the various brand names are similar, there may be very big differences in supporting software such as downloaders and dive log software that run on PCs. If you intend to download the computer to view your dive profile or to log dives, then take a careful look at the supporting software and cables, which are usually sold separately --- and can be quite expensive.

I believe sales/marketing has different employees for Oceanic and Aeris. Service is shared between Oceanic and Aeris. Basically each year the products seem to align closer and closer, but each has one off unique products and products with slight differences. Not really sure the benefit of having both marketing companies, why not just combine them? Its not like one is a tech diving and the other is recreational (Oceanic/Aeris vs. Hollis), but both are recreational. But I'm sure there is some reason and benefit.

Thank you for the information. That clarifies a lot of questions.

Now time to figure out what I need and get into the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom