Aeris 750GT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zboss

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion of the Aeris 750GT? It looks exactly like the Oceanic DataTrans Plus.

zboss,
Have had 750GT for over a year, 75+ dives. Flawless performance, and found mfgr specified replacement batteries on the internet for only $5 each (vs $15-25 in diveshops) Batts still strong, never replaced, but I carry spares. Very easy change.
The computer is big compared to newer wrist/hoseless computers, but I need the big numbers - near vision goes over age 50!
It works with EAN, etc etc. Can't imagine diving without air-integrated hoseless!
Have seen it as low as $600+ recently on the internet.
Go for it!
Dan
(My only regret is that Im too frugal to buy the profile download device/sofware. That would be really great!)
Dan

I recently purchased a Oceanic data trans plus computer off the internet from E-Bay. I paid 350.00 dollars for it. Sent it to Oceanic for a check-out, they complety went through the computer and change the lens cover and sent me a new transmitter all for 150.00 dollars. Used the computer last week on 5 dives worked perfectly. Highly recommend.)

Never a problem. Its been solid and done everything I've asked it to.

We're simple, recreational divers - so its great for us.

K

I like mine very much.

But to be fair, two potential issues, in case those concern you:
warning sounds are bit too soft and cheesy DiveDownloader software.

LP has them for $450

I ended up purchases an Aeris Atmos 2... it's not AI or wireless but then again, I didn't really need the AI and now I don't have to worry about the wireless issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom