Aeris 750GT Bottom Time Measurement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kd5izq

Reaction score
Maybe you folks that have had your 750GT computer longer than I can answer a couple of questions that I have run across. How does this thing measure bottom time and how can you use it to record your air consumption?

On the bottom time, it seems to be off compared to other computers that dive buddys have had that I have dove with, and we descended within seconds of each other and surfaced within seconds of each other. At the end of the dive in the log mode it has been off by as much as 5 min. I have the time and date set.

On the air consumption, I know the computer monitors it and since you can't get the cable for it anymore and from what I hear the download and logging software was lousy anyway, how can I use the information it has to track this, or is it even possible?

I believe, as most if not all computers, 750GT measures it from the moment you submerged until the moment you surfaced.

If the surface interval was less than a certain period (I think 10 mins, check the manual) then the subsequent dive is counted as a continuation of the dive, not a separate dive. So, if you did this Yo-Yo thing and your buddy’s computer behaves differently, that may be the reason. Otherwise make sure you read logs correctly and do not confuse surface interval with bottom time.

And no, gas consumption data cannot be viewed without PC. I’m not sure if it is available at all, even with PC hook-up.

Back
Top Bottom