Advice on regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mildseven

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there..
One of the dive shop offered me Apeks tx50 and Oceanic Delta3 with cdx5, which one should I take? What's the difference between those two? I am looking for regs that can be used for deep dive.
Cheers.

mildseven:
Hi there..
One of the dive shop offered me Apeks tx50 and Oceanic Delta3 with cdx5, which one should I take? What's the difference between those two? I am looking for regs that can be used for deep dive.
Cheers.

The two regs that you mentioned are both high quality products. A deep dive is an arbitrary term, as I don't believe that anyone should be diving deeper than 150' on air. When you dive under the effects of nitrogen narcosis, it is the equivalent of driving a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol. Not a good mix...

I would recommend making a decision by what type of service you can get for each reg.

Greg

mildseven:
Hi there..
Cheers.

My CCR runs on two Apeks TX50's. I have five Apeks TX-100's as bailout and back-up regs. All I can say is that they are outstanding regulators.

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply...
Most of dives were around 30ish metre, max 32m. The last dive I had was around 30.5m and I used rental regulator, it was Aqualungs, I think. Then I had trouble with the inhaling from it, I think it's because the regulator wasn't balance. Since I have never heard of Apeks and Oceanic, I just need some advices between those two regulators. Thanks guys.

i have Delta 2 and also now 2 off ATX200. The ATX50 should in theory breathe the same as a 200 which just has a few extra widdly bits. I was very happy with my delta and never had any problems with it, (even down at 47m whoops single tank chasing a hammerhead shark). But having now dived with the Apeks i would have to say everything you read here is true, they are the dogs bollox.

for the time bein g i am keeping my Delta as a deco reg but plan to change that to an Apeks in due course

Back
Top Bottom