Advice on Philippines Itinerary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Centrals Since neither of the above have big critters I need to also go to Socorro, correct? :)
Tubattaha has manta, whaleshark etc etc.
But the reef is huge so by chance only.

Healthy coral is far more important. Pelagic is bonus for me.
I am not a greedy person. LOL.

You really have to decide where do you want to dive. As Philippines is quite a distance from Arizona.

Yes, but I'm reading a lot of good things about the PI here on SB. And it's closer than RA!

Yes, but I'm reading a lot of good things about the PI here on SB. And it's closer than RA!
R4 is one of the top diving destination.
Tubattaha is not that far behind. I am biased.
Indonesia has three time zones while Philippines has only one.
In Indonesia you really need time to link up couple of places(mainly domestic flight) while it is mostly ferry(1-3hrs) or bus(overland) in Philippines.
You can dive the whole yr around in Philippines but it is seasonal in Indonesia. Typhoon is the main reason that deters a lot of would be divers to Philippines.
If you have time then Visayas(Philippines) is the best to explore the various diving scene in the country from coral(Southern Leyte), macro(Dumaguete), pelagic(Malapascau) to school of sardines(Moalboal), school of jack in Balicasag or even the "infamous" package of whaleshark in Oslob.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom