Advice on CFWA setup - and using teleconverter with both Tokina and 60mm Macro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a BARE mini dome 4-3/4" and optimized for 10-17. It required using an adapter to convert a Nexus port to my Sea & Sea. Works fine with or without the tele. The 60mm is much longer when extended for focus and required my 20mm extension to avoid hitting the port. The only time I used the 10-17 with the extension, unfortunately I forgot to attach my hot shoe connector and ended up with shots lit by my focus light (which came out pretty cool). Doesn't help much with knowing edge sharpness and such, though. You should ask Ryan (reef photovideo) about using the zen with the tele, because he builds the port. Here's a link to a thread where I posted some shots with the 10-17 and tele. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/strobes-lighting/462528-using-video-lights-stills.html

Shooting here in Los Angeles, I often shoot the tokina with a 1.4 because I like the close focus. You will of course need to adjust your dome port extension length appropriately. For the Canon 60 there is no teleconverter that plugs right in. You have two choices; the Tamron 60 with the 1.4 is what I shoot 99% of all my shots with, or you can get the Canon 12 mm extension tube and then use the 1.4 tele with that but of course you lose infinity focus at the advantage of a bit of magnification. I shoot the Tokina with the zen 4 inch dome and most of that is CFWA stuff.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom