Advice on camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Donna,

There are so many cameras out there, but GoPro is a good choice. It shoots great video and stills, low maintenance, easy to travel with, and affordable. You'll have years of fun with it.

We did a little video on the Sealife DC1400 and the Reefmaster Mini 2.1. Hope these help.

Sealife also makes an underwater Mini II that is good to 130 feet and will only run you $169.95

Or if you have an iPhone and don't want to worry about lugging around another camera on your trip, consider this for under $140.00: Bonica SS-i Underwater Housing for Apple iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G SSY with reviews at scuba.com or Bonica SS-i Underwater Housing for Apple iPhone 5 SSY5 with reviews at scuba.com

And in case you are still undecided, here are all your other options. Even if you don't buy from us, at least you'll know all your options! Do a sort by price so you can find your price range: Scuba.com diving Cameras Our Most Popular Digital sort by lowest prices

Cheers,

It all depends on what you mean by waterproof. Look at the depth rating of them. Some are only good to 30 or 40 feet. A decent waterproof point and shoot usually has some kind of housing. I'd wait til next week and give the guys at Leisure Pro a call. No need to hit a local dive shop unless they have a pro underwater photo guy on staff. Not someone who took a class to learn how to sell a course and sell a camera.
Photography, Digital Cameras, Lenses, Electronics - 8PM Shipping - Adorama Camera

They also own Adorama Camera so they know about underwater rigs from cheap to crazy expensive.

Inexpensive Sealife Reefmaster Mini SL332 Camera
Intova IC14 14MP Digital Camera with Waterproof Housing
Intova Sport Pro camera Lighting System
Intova Sport Pro HD Waterproof Video Digital Camera

Any of these would work just fine.

I'm with Jim L here; any will work, especially for snorkeling, where you probably won't need anything other than the built in flash. I have the SL Mini II that I bought to replace the Intova IC14 (I like to idea of not having to have a case); both are simple to use and give decent pictures.
I also just purchased a GoPro 3 Black to play with, and I plan on using it next month - I'm not keen on th eidea of a fixed focus camera, but willing to give it a try.

KevinL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom