Advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KLSanford

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I am hoping to get some ideas on where to plan a dive trip for 4 divers plus my 18 yr old non-diving niece.

Here are some of the things on our wish list: good diving and well run dive shop, nice beaches (for the niece!), not overly expensive, local shopping (for the niece), condo close to town for restaurants, shops, etc.., non diving activities, friendly people.

I should mention that some of the places we have been are Cozumel, Akumal, Bonaire, Roatan, Belize. We loved them all, but are thinking we should try some place different. There are so many islands that look interesting, but don't know anything about them.

Thanks for any suggestions.. I have a couple of years to plan, but that is almost as fun as the actual dive trip! Well, not quite!

Curacao might fit, especially downtown area. I have read that Dive Bus is great. You might want to post in abc area if you are interested. I have only been out in the western part which wouldn't be a fit for non diver. its the country out there.
Flights are more reasonable than Bonaire so might fit price wise too.

Since you are in Washington State - how about Hawaii?

Two years to plan....
Plan for the best... GBR.
You'll have enough time to save the $$$$$

Depending on time, have you thought about drivng x-country all the way to Florida ????...Stopping along the way to dive at some of the interesting places in different states...The US has a wealth and variety of diving sites not only along it's two coasts but inland as well......

Thanks to all for the input. We had kind of been thinking about Curacao...might have to dig a little deeper. I did try to find out more about Dive Bus, but it appears their website is no longer in existence. If anyone has any input I would love to hear it. I know.. I need to go to the ABC forum.
GBR is definitely on our bucket list, but just for the two of us. I love my niece, but....
Thanks again!

Can't beat that for service. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom