Advice needed - Dive cert on AC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iantonio

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am vacationing in Belize in a couple of weeks (Feb 17-22) with my boyfriend, who is not certified (yet). He is signed up for a course this weekend, but I am wondering if we can arrange for a course on AC that would allow him to go on two or three simple dives while we are there?

Also, can anyone recommend a reliable dive shop? We are staying at Portofino.

Thanks!

Iantonio: I don't know anything about AC, but any PADI dive shop should offer the PADI Discover Scuba course. There's a short orientation, followed by a shallow water lesson and then a dive & lesson to 40 feet, and then the student can dive to a maximum of 40 feet with an instructor or DM for as long as they remain at that location. I presume the other training agencies have something similar. So any dive shop should be able to accommodate your boyfriend. People who know AC should be able to recommend reliable shops.

But taking a class before going down there might be a better choice.

Is anyone here familiar with a dive instructor names Terrill Castillo? I am staying a CocoPlum Island beginning Wednesday for a week. I plan to complete my OWC by referral. Terrill is the DI with whom the resort put me in touch. Any reference to him or his dive shop is appreciated. Thanks

I used to teach on the next island to Coco Plum, but I don't know that name.

Maybe Terrill has a Belizean nickname like so many do. Perhaps, you'd know him by that name Peter.

Possibly, but I'd have to know it to know whether I know it, if you see what I mean. I know that Thatch Caye (where I taught) does do diving, but I don't know whether they have an instructor or how they're set up nowadays. You can walk from Thatch Caye to Coco Plum Caye, they're that close, so if there is one on either then both could use it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom