Advice Needed - Apeks Flight - converting 1st stage from yoke to DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon Freeman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys!

I've come across an amazing deal on a new, unused Apeks Flight reg set, but I'd like to convert it from yoke to DIN...

Is there a simple answer as to the process, parts needed, cost, etc?

Cheers!

Jon

They do make the flight in Din which means it is possible to convert, unfortunately if it isn't available as a kit you have to get a dealer to convert it for you because you won't be able to buy the parts. Call DRiS and ask them how much it would be for the conversion parts and if you aren't capable/comfortable converting it, how much to convert it. I'm sure there are apeks dealers in your area, but it's nice to konw the shop won't screw you before hand.

Parts needed

AP5671
AP6201
AP5764
Service kit for O-rings and what not.

no idea what the cost for these are, but those are the parts you'll need. Expect at least $70 for the parts, then the cost of service. Might be eligible for parts for life, then labor involved in swapping it over.

Thanks tbone... just the info I needed!

They do make the flight in Din which means it is possible to convert, unfortunately if it isn't available as a kit you have to get a dealer to convert it for you because you won't be able to buy the parts. Call DRiS and ask them how much it would be for the conversion parts and if you aren't capable/comfortable converting it, how much to convert it. I'm sure there are apeks dealers in your area, but it's nice to konw the shop won't screw you before hand.

Parts needed

AP5671
AP6201
AP5764
Service kit for O-rings and what not.

no idea what the cost for these are, but those are the parts you'll need. Expect at least $70 for the parts, then the cost of service. Might be eligible for parts for life, then labor involved in swapping it over.

no worries mate. Apeks is super uptight about selling parts to individuals, so you're going to need a shop that likes you to order it. I would call DRiS and and explain the situation to see if you can get on the parts for life program, then just send it up there for conversion and a service/tune since it has been sitting

Parts needed:

Parts number - Description - Dealer Price

AP0163 - DIN Connector, Flight - 29,-US$

AP6201 - Handwheel, 300bar, comolded - 32,-US$

AP5763 - Filter, DIN - 7,-US$

AP5764 - DIN, Bolt - 37,-US

AP6202 - Protective DIN Cap - 6,50 US$

And three o-rings.

So it's getting pretty costly to change for DIN, assuming that the shop will charge a bit more than the Dealer price plus work.

Sorry, just found AP0371 - DIN Adapter, 300bar, Flight - 60,-US$!

That sounds much more reasonable.

Anyway, good luck!:)

I'm betting that DIN Adapter is to allow a DIN reg to be used with a yoke tank. I'd make double sure of that before ordering it.

Reactions: Jax
The DIN to Yoke Converter has the number AP0195 and is cheaper.

I'm sure that number is the right one for the Flight DIN Adapter, it is anyway one of the most expensive on the market.

And why should they produce a special DIN to Yoke converter just for the Flight?

he is talking about taking a yoke first stage and converting it to din, not the other way around. Also I think the flight adapter is both aesthetically matched to the first stage, and may also be composite based to save on weight.

@tbone1004

I'm writing about exact those adapters which transform a Yoke first stage into a DIN first stage.

DIN/Yoke Adapters
Part #- Description
AP0620--- DIN Adapter, Co-molded Handwheel
AP0211--- DIN Adapter, Chrome
AP0211/S-DIN Adapter, Satin
AP0371--- DIN Adapter, Flight
AP0195--- DIN to Yoke Converter

This is the description in the Spare Parts Catalog and I understand that the different DIN Adapters do exact that and the DIN to Yoke Converter is put on a Yoke valve to be used with a DIN 1st stage.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom