Advice in Using a Dome for Wide angle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azotomix

Contributor
Reaction score
I just received the domelens for my INON UWL-100.
I am very happy but now the problem I have is how I am going to use it with only one external strobe. :icon5:
I know that the best it will be to have a second strobe but for the moment I don’t foresee to buy a second one. I spent already a lot and finance are not unlimited.

I don’t know if already posted but I was wondering if anybody could give me advise, link or else to explain how to position the strobe when shooting with Wider lens and dome.

I have a Locline of 14 inches long. Is it enough?

How and What do you do with similar set up?
Thanks for the help…

Try hand holding the strobe, this takes good bouyancy but it is better for angles.

Hold it out as far as you can on the left at about 45 degrees above shoulder height, and point it parallel to the lens. Does that make sense? Not sure how to describe it in words without a diagram.

For close focus wide angle, point directly over the subject and a little beyond it, this cuts down on shadows and backscatter

Perhaps someone can post a diagram?
Send me your email and i can send you a couple of pics from my photo course that describe this better.

bigblueimages@yahoo.ca
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom