Advice for Diver doing OW Cert Dives in Naples area...or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepers

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I managed to talk one of my friends into getting certified, and she is finishing up the classroom work even as I type. Since we are in the chilly Northern Illinois, Southern Wisconsin area, doing her cert dives here right now are not the best option...

She will be visiting family in Naples in December, and wants to do the dives while down there. She is not planning on doing any other dives on this trip, but just wants to finish up her certification.

Any suggestions on a good balance between drive time, and "better sites" or dive operations than others would be awesome!

Thanks!

The answer wold be dive operation, since they would know where they want to take her to finish up her training.

What agency did she go with? They should be able to suggest someone in Naples to contact.

You'll find good diving on the Southeast sideboard Florida. Pompano might be a good spot: the drive will be 2-3 hours depending on exactly where in Naples you are (even quicker if you drive fast). Good dive boats and shops include: Force-E, Gold Coast Scuba, South Florida Dive HQ, Pompano Dive Center and Scubatyme. I've dove with the later 3 and my sister or I have done training with the first 2.

---------- Post added November 17th, 2015 at 03:38 PM ----------

You'll find good diving on the Southeast side of Florida. Pompano might be a good spot: the drive will be 2-3 hours depending on exactly where in Naples you are (even quicker if you drive fast). Good dive boats and shops include: Force-E, Gold Coast Scuba, South Florida Dive HQ, Pompano Dive Center and Scubatyme. I've dove with the later 3 and my sister or I have done training with the first 2.

What Sport said.
Drive east in December.
Come to Broward.

Chug
East Coast denizen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom