Advice for Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Placencia does however offer easier opportunities for doing inland activities while staying at the same place, which some people want to do. If someone wants to combine some land and diving and only has a week it may be a good choice.

I agree however best to divide a Belize trip into diving and non-diving portions, and stay at the best place for each. Ideally take more than a week to do this. The combo of a liveaboard and a stay around San Ignacio is a winner. We stayed at Maya Mountain Lodge and were pretty happy with it, and the tours we did were all great. And while I often like exploring on my own, I think there's much to be said doing guided tours for most of the land activities in Belize, especially if you haven't been there before.

Placencia does however offer easier opportunities for doing inland activities while staying at the same place, which some people want to do. If someone wants to combine some land and diving and only has a week it may be a good choice.

I agree however best to divide a Belize trip into diving and non-diving portions, and stay at the best place for each. Ideally take more than a week to do this. The combo of a liveaboard and a stay around San Ignacio is a winner. We stayed at Maya Mountain Lodge and were pretty happy with it, and the tours we did were all great. And while I often like exploring on my own, I think there's much to be said doing guided tours for most of the land activities in Belize, especially if you haven't been there before.

I agree, a week in SI, then a week offshore (island or liveaboard).

People I saw in rental cars missed a lot of the "real" Belize, and spent a lot of time worrying about security and so on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom