Advice and help with filling systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello.

I need some advice and some help. My dive center just purchased an old Drager booster (model - U 300ds). It's almost as old as I am... Does anyone have the manual?

We stripped the whole filling system from a dive center that closed down. We have a lot of peices - filling stations, pipes, guages, t-pieces, ends... and 9 80 litre bank cylinders. So i am trying to upgrade our system. I admit, I actually know really little about these systems, but I want to do a good job. Nobody in the country actually knows anything more than "whatever works" - so I don't have anyone to ask- so I will try here...

1. does anyone have any written material about setting up a filtration system for grade E air?
2. Does anyone have written information about selecting piipe diameters?
3. I have been wondering about this for a vary long time - most books say not to fill nitrox over 200 BAR. This doesn't make sense to me, but I never found definitive answers. I want to create a nitrox bank, and i guess it should be 300 BAR. is this usual practice with the guys here who use banks? What are the pros and cons of filling nitrox to high pressures? Does anyone have written material on this?

Thanks,
Bryan

Back
Top Bottom