Advanced Diver Training with JUE 2008/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJO

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
JUE is providing divers interested in technical diving with a long-term cost-efficient IANTD training program. The prerequisite to enter this program is having own gear including a trilam drysuit and a primary light, as well as a Tech rating at the GUE Fundamental course, or the equivalent skill level. The training fee for the first team (three students) are 35,000 yen per course/student and students cover all actual costs including the instructors (accommodation, meals, gas, transportation) as well as training materials and registrations.

Advanced Recreational Trimix Summer/Autumn 2008
This course is designed to extend the diver's knowledge in the use of EANx for sport diving. It further develops double tank diving skills and provides a greater understanding of the EANx concept of diving. This program qualifies divers to perform Trimix dives outside of training up to 45 meters and perform required decompression stops up to 15 minutes using EAN 50% and 100% as a decompression gas. Emphasis will be on problem solving and working as a team. The IANTD Deep Diver course will be part of the course and all training will take place in Japan (Izu) and one day of diving at the Mutsu. You will need 25 dives with doubles and deco stages to go to the next level.

Normoxic Trimix Diver Autumn/Winter 2008
The IANTD Normoxic Trimix Diver program is aimed at those who wish to dive in the zone between 39 m and 60 m on trimix. The course uses normoxic mixtures and consists of 12 dives and one 3 hour confined water session. Six dives are on depths between 30 m and 39 m and 6 dives involve practicing specified skills at depths between 9 m and 27 m. All dives will be performed with 2 stage cylinders. Four Trimix dives are also made in the course with 2 at depths up to 50 m and 2 at depths up to 60 m. This is an intense 7 day program enabling the graduate to be qualified to dive normoxic Trimix to 60 m. Dives at the Mutsu, or wrecks in Jeju Island, and the USS Emmons are included in the course. You will need 25 logged dives at this level using trimix to step up to the next level.

Trimix Diver Autumn/Winter 2009
This Program is designed for those individuals already involved in deep diving activities to qualify divers to perform Trimix Dives outside of training up to 100 m. During the course the maximum depth is 90 m. Must provide proof of a minimum of 200 logged dives, of which at least 25 were to depths between 42 m and 60 m or sufficient experience doing technical dives to satisfy the instructor that the student has the ability and knowledge to continue into this level of training. The deep dives will be conducted in the Philippines.

Last edited:
Ok I got some questions on this program that I want to bring up for everyone interested.

1) Can we do the courses earlier with less dives in between? No, diving at these depths requires experience and I think it is even better to look at a minimum of 2 years for this program. The purpose of taking a course is to increase capacity to a higher level and you need to dive a lot on that new higher level to become competent before taking the next step.

2) Why GUE-Fundamental Tech rating or the same skill level as a pre-requisite? I do not want to spend the first days in each course on fundamental diving skills, that is not good use of time. These skills (team communication, buoyancy, trim, balance, fin kicks, ascends, etc...) needs to be of a very high level to be able to safely conduct deep dives.

3) Is rental gear available? Hmm... when you have committed to this kind of diving you will need your own equipment. So we are not providing rental gear for these courses with the exception for double tanks, argon tanks with regulator, deco tanks, reels, weights, and deco regulators.

approximately how many dives/days will the first part of the course take?

I'm interested just not sure the time commitments....

Thanks for the interest! I normally conduct this course over two weekends with the first day in the pool. So 6 OW dives and 4 days. If the fundamental skills are lacking, then it will take more days.

Ok. I got one more question on this program. 'What if I am already certified Advanced Recreational Trimix Diver, can I join the next level Normoxic diver directly?'. Yes you can. But your skill level still needs to be at a GUE Fundamental Tech pass level for you to safely conduct further advanced diving and training.

Ok, got two signed up for this program. There is space for 1-2 more to join!

There are now five students signed up for this program. We try to keep the teams at 3 persons per team. This means we will have two teams and that there is space for one more student. Email me if you are interested.

thomas@jue.jp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom