Advanced Diver Magazine Photoweek -- Trip Report & Photos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I just returned from an outstanding week in Grand Cayman. It was the inaugural Advanced Diver Magazine Photoweek (Advanced Diver Magazine) hosted by Dive Tech (Grand Cayman scuba diving cayman island scuba diving cayman island scuba resort cayman scuba training cayman cayman island scuba grand cayman scuba dive cayman islands scuba diving scuba diving in grand cayman scuba diving cayman scuba diving on gran) and Cobalt Coast (Cobalt Coast Dive Resort in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands featuring scuba diving and snorkeling vacation packages). It was a fun-filled week of diving, photography seminars, daily photo reviews, camaraderie and even a night of "Championship" miniature golf (won by local "putt-putt" pro Jay Easterbrook!) The event was open to all and participants included open circuit nitrox divers to closed circuit trimix rebreather divers. There were morning boat dives where open circuit divers would do two dives while the CCR divers would make one long dive. Afternoons were free for relaxing, shopping, or shore diving at Dive Tech's two incredible shore dive locations Cobalt Coast and Lighthouse Point. Curt Bowen's daily photography seminars covered a whole range of topics from the basics of f-stops and shutter speeds to advanced lighting techniques and what he calls "painting" where long shutter speeds are used and multiple images are taken, each using a hand-held light to "paint" in light to one area of the photo. The multiple photos are then layered together in Photoshop to make an amazing image. He made it look easy, but I am sure I will be struggling with it until next year's event!

Here are some of my photos from the week:

img_1249a.jpg

img_1479b.jpg

img_1476b.jpg

img_1499a.jpg

img_1451a.jpg

img_1135a.jpg

img_1194a.jpg

img_1788a.jpg

img_1938a.jpg

img_1630a1.jpg

img_1710a.jpg

img_1800a.jpg

The rest of my photos from the week can be seen here:

debersole.com

Next year's event is scheduled for April 17-24, 2010. Mark your schedules now and contact Curt Bowen at CurtBowenADM@gmail.com for details. Hope to see you there!

Doug

I really like the first shot and the squid the best.

very nice pics. Great composition and color.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks for the kind words. It was really a great event and one I would recommend for any photographers out there for next year.

Thanks for this post. I really enjoyed seeing your work. I will be staying at Cobalt Coast the week of June 13th -- now I'm excited. :D

scubamaverick -- you'll love Cobalt Coast/Dive Tech. They both do an outstanding job. Have a great trip and dive safe.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom