Ads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NauticalbutNice

Contributor
Reaction score
Every time I do a search or click on new posts I get google ads...I don't remember it doing that before. But I do know there were probs earlier.

Is it something to do with that?

Just a friendly heads up!

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

Just a thought.... Did you clear you cookies recently? Perhaps you aren't signed in as you but as a guest. I know when I'm not signed in I see the ads.

Paula

The ads you are talking about are a new addition to our site and follow formats seen on Yahoo and Google. I have however modified them to only show up to users with less than 200 posts (and guests). Like most ads, these are limited to the portal skins.

Tech Admin:
I have however modified them to only show up to users with less than 200 posts (and guests). Like most ads, these are limited to the portal skins.

Did you just modify this tonight? I was seeing them earlier, but now (thankfully!) they are gone.

Scott

It was set to 500 posts or more but I lowered it after reviewing the business rule logic.

I see the "sponsored link" box with every page I click on. And I am over 500 posts.

For what it's worth... ads on a site of this size are a necesary "evil". We have endeavored to keep the signal to noise ratio at acceptable levels. Unlike some of our "commercial competitors" we have very few ads and we DON'T accept everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom