Adrenalin wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hintermann

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When I went to Bali in June, I took just the full 5mm suit with me, knowing that the water temps in the Komodo leg of the trip would require that level of protection. But 5mm was way too warm for Tulamben itself and so I rented a relatively new 3mm full suit called "Adrenalin" - a make that I had never heard of before - from LDR and used it. It suited me very well and as I did not then own a 3mm full suit, asked the senoir divemaster if he would sell it to me. After enquiring with someone, he agreed to sell for US$75. 75 dollars seemed good value for a perfectly intact wetsuit even if used and I jumped at the offer and bought it. That is the suit that I intend to take with me to Raja Ampat later today and to Bonaire and Wakatobi next year.

What I want to know is, is this Adrenalin a reasonably good make of wetsuit? Is it a reputable company?

They are brilliant - Aussie made company - mine has 17 countries and a decade of use on it and still going strong - Adreno scuba sales ship internationally Adrenalin 'Enduro X' 3/2mm Steamer Wetsuit - Mens | Wetsuit Warehouse

home | General adreno have limited stock at the moment so you may be best contacting adrenalin direct. The price you were sold the 3mm reflects adrenalines pricing structure.

Used mine in Raja Ampat last month :D

The price you were sold the 3mm reflects adrenalines pricing structure.
Thanks. I do not need to contact the company - my suit is working fine. I just wanted to know if it was reliable - evidently, it is.

BTW, you say that $75 (around £48) reflects the actual price? A good quality 3mm full suit in the UK will cost 3 times as much! I thought diving in Oz was a very expensive hobby judging by the price they ask for a week of liveaboard diving in the Coral Sea!

Adrenalin have always been on the affordable side, I guess because they started out as a surfing wetsuit business and have kept their prices low here because they know they have a product that is popular, reliable and hard wearing. They have always been the cheapest in a surf or dive shop hence they sell volume. The surf market Id say makes up a lot of their sales plus the variety in sizing - I actually wear a unisex teens model. They have just moved into a bigger range of products like the shield - basically a wind proof sweater for after dives/surfs - Loved having it onboard for nights. I met a couple in the Philippines earlier this year who had had their Adrenalin wetsuits for 12 years and paid the same $89AUD price I did for mine and theirs were still going strong too.
My 'old faithful' has a slight tear on the knee pad thanks to a mantis shrimp and a hole in the bum so I bought a new Adrenalin 3mm for the raja trip but found it to be extremely buoyant and didnt have time to let it crush down so pulled old faithful out - that would be my only complaint about the new models but again, nothing that time wont fix.
Aus diving is expensive - looking at Adrenos page there are 3mms in the $299 to $400AUD range - in my mind, from experience of using Adrenalin wetsuits being cheap doesnt always mean nasty.

Enjoy Raja, I did.

Back
Top Bottom