Admiralty Dive Center St Thomas Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK, my first review.

Was on a Carnival cruise and did not want to book through the cruise line. Asked on this board and received more than one referral to Admiralty Dive Center.

Called and booked with them several weeks in advance for pickup at the ship. Had no idea who else was going to be there that day.

After a little confusion about where to go at the dock, the owner picked me up at the dock in his personal vehicle and drove me to the dive boat slip. There were 2 no shows which meant that he was sending the boat out with me and one local, that't it. In other words, he was going to lose money.

Well, we went out and the diving was great. It was a 2 tank dive and I was dropped off right at the pier to my ship.

The boat captain "Fishbutt" was very knowledgeable about the area and the diving. I was impressed with his concern for keeping the area clean and leaving it in better shape than we arrived. They used a mooring line to tie up to the dive site which was also impressive as we did not have to drop anchor and cause any further damage.

We hit 2 dive sites that day, the first was a reef with lots of swim throughs in an area called Sprat Point. The second was the Navy barges.

Oh, I forgot to mention that not only did they go out with only 2 dives but in addition to the boat captain, we has a dive guide that led us through the areas. He too was very knowledgeable and a very eco minded diver.

I was surprised at the amount of life around the barges. Much more than at the reef which was also full of life.

Admiralty has over 100 dive sites around St Thomas and I would certainly book with them again.

Glad to hear it. My wife & I stopped at St. Thomas on a cruise back in April '06 (our honeymoon) and one of their folks, Duane Hausch, was our instructor (we needed to bang out the last 2 check-out dives for our PADI OW cert.s) and Marty was our boat captain. We did a private charter.

My wife was rather anxious & shy, and she was very pleased with what a great job these guys did. Really reassuring, patient & put my wife (and, yeah, okay, me...) at ease in a big way. No small feat on a 2-tank boat dive.

If we hit St. Thomas again, Admiralty Dive is top of our list!!!

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom