adjusting TX100 2nd stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amphibious

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
have a new set of Apeks TX100 regs. really nice peice of kit but I am somewhat disapointed in the breathing effort of my TX100 primary. the TX40 octopus attached to the first stage breaths like heaven. the TXq00 primary is adjusted all the way open. is there any way to get it "more open"

Thanks.

I assume you're referring to the adjuster on the left side of the reg. That is just the micro adjuster. You may need to take it in and have the lever height adjusted to decrease the cracking pressure.

Amphibious:
have a new set of Apeks TX100 regs. really nice peice of kit but I am somewhat disapointed in the breathing effort of my TX100 primary. the TX40 octopus attached to the first stage breaths like heaven. the TXq00 primary is adjusted all the way open. is there any way to get it "more open"

Thanks.
I am a DIYer, not a tech but --- Adjusting the orifice should do the trick. If not, the problem may be more serious than simple adjustment and may require a good tech.

This site should help: http://www.deepsouthdivers.org/apeks.html

In a nutshell: Remove the hose and you will be looking at the orifice. I belive apeks uses a allen (hex) wrench. With manual adjuster all the was out and with the purge lever depressed to avoid damaging the seat, turn the orifice counter-clockwise about 1/12 of a turn (30 degrees) at a time until you hear a leak. Reconnect hose (finger tight) after each adjustment and test. When you make it leak, give it 1/12 turn cloclwise to stop the leak and it should be breathing good. If you can't get it leaking within 3 or 4 adjustments (90 to 120 degrees), you may want to seek a bit more help before continuing. I'd expect it to leak in 2 or 3 adjustments (60 to 90 degrees).

excellent - I'll give that a go.

taking it in is not an option as I;m current;y in saudi arabia. no one in this part of the world touches my gear. (for good reason)

Back
Top Bottom