Adjusting FF bungies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bill_bain

Contributor
Reaction score
New FF user (Foil Force Fins). but I needed to adjust the bungie straps. I found the YouTube video for directions, but trying to sllde the ferrule back by catching the edge with a fid was an exercise in frustration, plus th fid nearly nailed my hand when it popped out of the groove. So, I propose a slight modification to the technique.

This technique assumes that the mounting posts are the same for all bungie strap Force Fins. The ring on the mounting post has 2 flat surfaces 180 degrees apart, the sliding ferrule does not. Therefore, using a small adjustable wrench, tighten the wrench so that it just barely slides over the flattened parts of the mounting post's ring. slide the wrench up against the ferrule and since the pressure is now equal on both sides of the ferrule, the ferrule doesn't bind, the wrench catches the edge of the ferrule and it slides back easily, without scarrring the edge of the ferrule or the mounting post and a lot less force.

I'll also note that as one twists and pushes the bungie to move it through the mounting post's ring, it will hang up on the screw if you don't lift it away from the screw as you push it in.

My $0.02, YMMV, hope this helps someone else, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom