Adjusting a housing lever yourself, possible? (Nauticam NA-D7000V)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OcciferNick

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a NA-D7000V housing and recently noticed that the AE/L AF/L button on the housing does not fully depress the button on the camera. I can see that the lever starts to depress the button on the camera but it then hits the camera body and does not depress the button any further hence not engaging the AE/L. I was wondering if this is an adjustment that is easily done and something that I could do? Has anyone adjusted the lever inside the housing before?

Look forward to your response.

Regards,
Nick.

Very easy to do IF you are comfortable working on small things in tight spaces. There is a small setscrew on the shaft, loosen that then position where you want then tighten. Do it all the time.
Bill

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the reply. I have looked on the shaft and haven't seen any setscrew! When I get home I will have a closer look at it and take a photo.
If I had of seen a set screw I would have known what to do automatically. I was an avionics engineer as a kid so have worked on very intricate gauges etc.
I read somewhere else that someone had a similar problem but they cut off a 1/4" from the tip. I thought that I would only do that as a last resort. I have emailed Nauticam but have no reply yet.
Regards,

Hi Bill,

Here is a pic showing the AE/L lever and there is no grub screw on the lever.

image.jpg

There is a threaded hole in the shaft that the lever passes through but there is no grub screw in this hole. Do you know if there is supposed to be one? The lever moves freely from side to side however I can't move it up and down through the shaft, well not with my hand pressure anyway. Can this be moved up and down with a little force for the adjustment?

Thanks for the help with this,

Cheers
nick

I will take a look at my housing. there is certainly a way to move the shaft a bit both in and out.
Bill

You might contact Nauticam and ask them about your issue and its solution. You are unlikely to be the first one they have heard from on this.

I have but they haven't replied to my email

Hey Bill did you manage to have a look at your housing by chance?

It is packed up with a camera for diving tomorrow. Will look after the dive.
Bill
I just looked at my Canon. You can lever the shaft (through the hole) with quite a bit of force but that will not make the arm shorter (which is what I think you want). Make sure that the black rubber is full seated on the end of the knob, several of mine were not seated well when I got the housing. If the rubber is seated then you might ask Nauticam for a shorter bit of rubber (or fix it yourself) if they can't tell you how to adjust the knob.

Bill

Thanks Bill,

I still haven't received a reply from Nauticam or from the post I put on their facebook page!

Back
Top Bottom