Adjustable harness with only "stiff" webbing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Olalj123

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I´m looking to make something similar to the OMS Comfort Harness or the Hollis Elite II Harness. What´I've noticed on those is that the webbing that goes through the adjustable side of the quick release buckle is softer than the rest of the webbing.

Will I be able to make use of the adjustability on the quick release buckle if I use "normal" or "stiff" webbing or will it be too stiff to work?

Yours sincerely

Ola

Hi.... keep stiff webbing , if you have problem with gearing up add to left side

http://eshop.daretodive.eu/produkt/...ebPartManager1_gwpTabContainer1_TabContainer1

but not in the way like on the picture ( separated parts of webbing ) , but just made loop on continuous strip with those both parts of each side of small loop.

In that way you can more easy enter to harness and same time keep continuous webbing and right adjustment. ( there are some pictures on the net with this solution ...

Yes, I've looked at that. Is it easy to adjust it with this?

Ola
Hi.... keep stiff webbing , if you have problem with gearing up add to left side

http://eshop.daretodive.eu/produkt/...ebPartManager1_gwpTabContainer1_TabContainer1

but not in the way like on the picture ( separated parts of webbing ) , but just made loop on continuous strip with those both parts of each side of small loop.

In that way you can more easy enter to harness and same time keep continuous webbing and right adjustment. ( there are some pictures on the net with this solution ...

Hi,

I´m looking to make something similar to the OMS Comfort Harness or the Hollis Elite II Harness. What´I've noticed on those is that the webbing that goes through the adjustable side of the quick release buckle is softer than the rest of the webbing.

Will I be able to make use of the adjustability on the quick release buckle if I use "normal" or "stiff" webbing or will it be too stiff to work?

Yours sincerely

Ola

Ola, the "stiff" webbing will not work. It will not slid through the adjustment of the release. For the quick release you will need the softer 1 1/2 webbing.

Use soft nylon webbing for the sections going through the quick release. Stiff webbing everywhere else. I bought soft nylon webbing from Strapworks.

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I should have been more clear; I DO want an adjustable harness with quick releases (I have my reasons..). I have ordered some "stiff" webbing for the bulk of the harness and some "soft" for the quick release buckles. Should I post some pics as work progresses?

Ola

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I should have been more clear; I DO want an adjustable harness with quick releases (I have my reasons..). I have ordered some "stiff" webbing for the bulk of the harness and some "soft" for the quick release buckles. Should I post some pics as work progresses?

Ola

This will work. I did it with my wifes Oxycheq adjustable harness. Soft webbing on the sections going through the quick releases and stiff webbing every place else. It works well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom