Adjustable Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terrydarc

Reaction score
I haven't used adjustable fins since I was a kid, but now am the proud owner of a pair. This question is so stupid that it maybe ought to go in the Newbie section, but here goes...

Do you have to wear booties with adjustable fins? I've had my foot chewed on by the non-adjustable types and know a good fit is essential, but what happens if you don't boot up first?
=Terry

Well...I personally am rather inexperienced, but all I can say is:

If I don't wear my booties inside my fins, my fins won't fit on my feet. :)

I would not say it is mandatory but it sure seems to be a lot more comfortable. When getting booties I prefer to get a high top with extra padding where the strap goes. If you get low cut booties they wont properly protect you from the fin straps.

If you mean by adjustable they are the open heel type with a strap of some kind...then yes they are intended for boots....

I would recommend boots if for no other reason to protect your feet getting on and off the boat....and if shore diving...protect you from stepping on sharp objects...

Open heel and closed heel fins are mostly just a preference unless you are doing "extreme" diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom