Adjustable Backplate harness advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yellowdog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I did a search but did not find anything specifically on the new version SubGravity harness slider - SubGravity Backplate Harness Slider - Subgravity I am thinking about using it on my new Halcyon Carbon Fiber Backplate and would be interested in any experience with the SubGravity or any other brand. I have used the Halcyon Cinch system which works but was hoping for a less expensive option.

This is about the simplest and cheapest system out there, works great on my SS and Al plates.

Looks just like the old one except with little ridges on sides of the "roller". It works, better when the webbing is wet and is softer. It does need the "standard" webbing slots: parallel and half an inch, or whatever it is, apart.

I used only one: just need to remember which shoulder goes in first. :wink:

Just one side, the right, as my left D ring would get in the way.

So clue me into how this works. I'm making an assumption that it allows webbing to slide more easily between the waist and shoulder. You slide webbing to the shoulder to allow easy donning, then slide some webbing back to the waist before cinching the buckle?

Is this intended for surface adjustments only, or can you adjust in the water too? If so, is it easy to have inadvertent shift of webbing through the slider?

Thanks!

yes, you've got it, its more of a way to ease doning and doffing than "adjustment". To get an actual adjusting harness you have to go with the big bucks.

I had an extra triglide on the shoulder strap as a limiter, on the other side it's hip d-ring.

I had an extra triglide on the shoulder strap as a limiter, on the other side it's hip d-ring.

I do the same thing with my harness. The triglide on the shoulder strap let’s me get the same tightness every dive easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom