ADEX 2008 / Thai Dive Expo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DontLieToMe:
I just returned from a trip that included diving at Ko Ha and Hin Daeng. Another thread reported coral death at Hin Moung and Hin Daeng. This same type of coral death is taking place at depths of 45+ feet at Ko Ha. The corals appear to fall off and litter the sea bed and then are washed to sea. I have included two pictures showing several corals of this type scattered on the sea bed as well as a close up of the coral anchoring point. The extent of coral death at Hin Daeng was very extensive.

Though I don't see how this is related to ADEX / TDEX... soft corals like the ones you show could dislodge themselves from their anchors due to change in water temperature. Which seems to be the problem recently at HDHM area. Plagued with bad vis as well ...

I-NSC:
Wow..back to back shows..The Thailand Show is in May... not April Quero..
I think this time Thai show will do better... but location sucks.
Quero: I'll see you in BKK..to pass you the book?

I've just checked their website, and you are right! But actually I copied and pasted that info from the website earlier, so they must have had the wrong info on there before. Thanks for the heads up.

RE the book--do you have a stand at ADEX?

Nope I do not have a stand at ADEX..but you can find me either walking around or at the Scuba Diver Australasia booth.

P.S. Quero is talking about a waterproof Fish ID book if anyone is interested.
On Friday, I'll be attending a course by DAN in the morning so that is out for me. Saturday I should be there the whole day and Sunday is rest day for me. :)
Putting up at Asia Hotel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom