Additional fees for staying in the R.P. over 59 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Visitors from most countries may enter the R.P. for 21 days without a Visa and 59 days with one. You can extend your stay from 21 to 59 days if you entered without a Visa.

If your going to stay beyond 59 days you must apply for either 30 or 59 day extension(s).

I went to Immigration today to get my first 59 day extension of this visit as I entered with a Visa. One must now also get an Alien Certificate of Registration card along with the extension. The cost of the card is $50. US Dollars + 500 Pesos + submitting 3 Passport size photos. Add this to the cost of the extension.

This card is valid for one year. HOWEVER if you leave the R.P. during that year the card is confiscated and you must get and pay for another one after re-entering the R.P. for more than 59 days.

As far as I know one must still get an Exit Clearance Certificate if their stay is over six months. I had to get one before my last departure in March of this year. I also had to go to Cebu for it as the Bohol Immigration office cannot issue it. Cost was 500 Pesos + 3 Passport size photos + they fingerprint you. You surrender the certificate to Immigration upon departure.

Thanks for posting. Sadly, no visits scheduled for this year but I plan on returning next year.

Good info....thanks....and I am sure it applies to only "tourist" and NOT "working" status....right?

Good info....thanks....and I am sure it applies to only "tourist" and NOT "working" status....right?

I honestly can't answer that. Best to check with Immigration in Manila as the outlying areas may not be up to date.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom