Adding a video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coral-Reefer

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have DC1400 with two Digital Pro Flash heads. I have not used it under water yet but hope that the 2nd light will provide a balanced lighting solution. But, I also need to shoot video, which of course, I cannot do with the Digital Pro Flash heads. So, obviously, I need to add a video light.

But, if I add a video light will it also provide the 2nd flash for still shots?

If so, will it provide an unbalanced lighting situation since it is not the same as the first Digital Pro Flash head?

If so, which still/video light would be best?

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,
You have a few options. If you use a video light on one side and a flash on the other, the flash will be a stronger but the video light can still effectively provide additional lighting for the shot. You'd want to find the best angle and power settings for both lights, so you don't add too much light.
Alternatively, if you use one of our Sea Dragon video lights (Sea Dragon 2000 Photo/Video/Dive Light | Sealife Cameras), you can set it to automatically dim when your flash fires - this way you don't need to worry about overexposing the shot with extra light from the video light.
Lastly, if you're really set on dual flashes, we do offer a Flex-Connect Cold Shoe Mount (Cold Shoe Mount | Sealife Cameras) so you can mount a video light directly to your camera, leaving both grips open for each of your flashes.
Hope that helps!
SeaLife

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom