Adding a crotch strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckDiver1321

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Alright, so....
I've got a SeaQuest back inflation BC. Think it's called a Black Diamond. Rides up constantly. I've been contemplating the ways to add a crotch strap to it and would like some ideas. Not so much a fan of the single piece of 2" or 1" webbing, but would like to make something that is either attached at 3 points (2 in front, 1 in back) or something that is set up much like a parachute rig, with the two independent straps. Also have one more idea, something along the lines of an adjustable strap coming off each side of the BC with an adjustable loop for each leg. Can anyone guide me with some pictures and ideas?

Alright, so....
I've got a SeaQuest back inflation BC. Think it's called a Black Diamond. Rides up constantly. I've been contemplating the ways to add a crotch strap to it and would like some ideas. Not so much a fan of the single piece of 2" or 1" webbing, but would like to make something that is either attached at 3 points (2 in front, 1 in back) or something that is set up much like a parachute rig, with the two independent straps. Also have one more idea, something along the lines of an adjustable strap coming off each side of the BC with an adjustable loop for each leg. Can anyone guide me with some pictures and ideas?

I've had a Black Diamond for about 10 years or so and haven't dove it in quite some time. On my BD at the bottom back of the jacket is a single 1" d-ring. And on the front just below the velcor is another 1" d-ring.

I would go the camping section at Walmart and get a roll of 1" webbing for about $5. Sew the webbing to the back d-ring and then sew a large stainless steel bolt snap for the front d-ring allowing a couple of inches of extra for slack. If you don't want to sew it then get a couple of 1 inch tri glides so you could make adjustments.

With the velcro front on the BD it doesn't really lend itself to a sliding crotch strap that weaves through a belt like you see on backplate and wing setups. This would be an easy solution and you won't fall out the bottom anymore.

One strap will do everything you need. I wouldn't clutter it up with multiple straps.

Thanks, Jim. I think I'm going to try something such as that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom