Adaptive trained divers in Caribbean???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdmaize

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I'll be on a cruise with my sister who is recently adaptive certified. Her c-card says she needs a specially trained instructor and 2 specially trained buddies... She was certified in a murky lake here in the midwest and has never been diving in warm ocean waters... I'm looking for adaptively trained divers in the following places:

Feb 26, Ft Lauderdale/miami area
Feb 28, Grand Turk
Mar 1, San Juan
Mar 2, St Thomas
Mar 4, Half Moon Cay
Mar 5, Ft Lauderdale/miami area

I know this is last minute but any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Merissa

Half Moon Cay is the cruise line's private island. I really doubt you'd find anyone there - there's only a watersports/snorkel/dive operator there.

Thanks... but what about the other 4 locations?

You could try emailing here info@adaptivescuba.org - they might be able to tell you if there are Adaptive Buddies in the areas you are traveling to. Good luck!

Why don't you contact local dive shops on your stops. What you need is a little apart from the usual but I feel sure than at least some of the local dive outfits are prepared for adaptive divers.

Thanks... i have been contacting dive shops, but i was hoping someone might know of a dive op that they've had experience or know someone who has had experience with them...

@warmwater... i emailed them yesterday and waiting to hear back from them... i found a place in ft lauderdale, aquanauts and just emailed them too...

Thanks

Here is another thought......you might touch base with these guys. They have a great foundation for this purpose. Dive Pirate's Foundation || Bringing Adaptive Divers into the Mainstream Diving Community

My dive shop here has 2 adaptive trained instructors and i was thinking about trying to start a chapter here... but i'm not sure how many adaptive divers there are here... i'd have to check with the other dive shops...

dive pirates seem like a great org... i've read up a bit on them and really like what they do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom