Actually dove E-Beach this weekend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Yes its true, I packed up the gear and went diving with my son to finish up his OW class this weekend, e-coli and all.

The long short of it was, 1st dive, 20ft vis, 2nd dive 5-10 ft.

The best part of the dive was that my truck was not broken into. Reason, Jacob is back!!! Sure he looks a little worst for wear, but he's there to keep an eye on your vehicle for you. Now I'm sure you are thinking "Sure Fishb0y, like Jake is gonna stop anyone from breaking into my car..." Well, you are most likely right. I just look at it this way, instead of having a 85% chance of having my car broken into, now I feel like it is down to 65%.

After talking to Jake, he said he has been living in Waikiki for a couple of years, and he has had some health problems as of late. If you know me, you know that my heart wasn't bleeding for all the homeless that had to move out of Ala Moana Park, but Jake is different. If you dive at E-Beach, please feel free to give Jake a couple of dollars to watch your car. Hopefully he'll be able to bring Electric Beach back to it's former "not the least safe place to park your car while you dive" shore dive spot on Oahu.

congrats to your boy! e-beach is a good decompression dive too =)
and yeah, kahe pt. has been decent as of late... they even fixed most of the cement tables and benches in the pavillion.

VBlueV:
me and jimbo dove horseshoe on sat. (we planned to go to e-beach... but the sun came out =) it was glass on top =P saw a 50-foot whale do a full-breach w/i half-mile, spectacular! viz underneath was 60-70 feet, giant turtles, 4-foot 'cuda =\

sun. on the way to pinnacles we saw 100+ dolphins all over, bow-riders, spinners... probably the same pods that frequent e-beach... did they pass there too?
pinnacles... 30-50-foot viz, huge bait-ball of scad w/ 3-4-foot jacks darting thru.
alex was already there and let us tie-off (thanks)
ewa ledge... 70-100-foot viz!
and again, glass on top all morning =P

congratulations to your son. That's exciting.

I'm also glad your posessions were kept safe.

Wow! That is Puget Sound visibility. Yuck yuck yuck!

Glad he finished. The rest of his diving will seem as if his vision was corrected!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom