Acrylic paint on neoprene?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
I'm a Sunday painter and I was thinking about using my acrylics to paint my name across the front of my hood. That way it will be right there on my forehead and my buddies won't lose me and if you run into me at a dive site you won't miss me :wink:
Anyway I was wondering if it would actually stay on or just peel off? Also what color should I use? I don't want fish biting at my face.

I'm not sure if acrylics would be flexible enough to stay put, you can try a dot or 2 in an out of the way place that won't show & see if it flakes/peels off.
Your local dive shop 'might' have marking pens, though they don't provide much for detailed work.
I'd recommend the good old "Plasti-Dip" vinyl tool handle dip/coating, we use that stuff to "paint" kneepads, etc on our wetsuits & etc.
Comes in several colors & is available at most hardware & building supply stores.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom