• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Acquiring SOP's

Discussion in 'Public Safety Divers/Search and Rescue' started by Boater Dan, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Boater Dan

Boater Dan Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    As our team evaluates all aspects of our operations and training, I would greatly appreciate receiving copies of any team's SOP's for review. If you have electronic copies, please send them in a private e-mail or if others are interested, share them on the site.

I thank you in advance.

Dan

2. indypddiver

indypddiver Angel Fish

Boater Dan,

I could probably contribute to the cause. Let me get an electronic copy of the team SOPs and I'll send them asap.

3. tango681

tango681 Course Director

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Local PSD instructor is interested in what you have as well. might I get a copy mailed to me as well? Hope to hear from you soon you can mail it via email to diverscove@sbcglobal.net
    thanks

4. indypddiver

indypddiver Angel Fish

Just to update...I am trying to get an electronic copy of our SOPs to get to you guys.

5. Gary D.

Gary D. ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Me to but get ahold of Seattle's team. They have, or at least used to have a good strict one. They have a real wide varity of conditions they have to work in. Kind of like what all of us have combined.

Gary D.

6. bridgediver

bridgediver Instructor, Scuba

I need to redo ours as well and would like to see what anyone would have to offer. Please pm.

I think that this generic one from LGS would be a good starting point but will look to more input from the more experienced PSD's on here. What do you guys think of it?

http://www.teamlgs.com/Pages/standards.htm

Gary - how does one go about getting the ones from seattle?

thanks

Mark

7. Gary D.

Gary D. ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Try this link for e-mailing them. There was a big mess with Seattle PD and the Fire Department that I think is settled. King county should be OK.

http://members.aol.com/cpratt1010/Rescue1.htm

Good luck and try to keep your SOP simple as possible. Getting to detailed could mean trouble as could being to simple.

Gary D.

8. bridgediver

bridgediver Instructor, Scuba

thanks Gary. I'll give it a try

mark

9. ColdH2Odvr

ColdH2Odvr Instructor, Scuba

I've heard quite a bit of discussion on the legal ramifications of “SOP” with standard operating guidelines or recommended operating procedures leaving a little more breathing room when up against a legal wall.

We're in the process of revamping ours, including a name change...

Dave

10. Snowbear

Snowbear NOK ScubaBoard Supporter

The only SOG we have is for "Drownings" and is quite basic:
    On the other hand our P&I (Procedure and Instruction) for Dive Team ops, though general, is probably more like what you're looking for?