ACD DIN vs DIN...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I own the Legend LX supreme ACD in yolk. I had it converted this weekend to DIN, the ACD version of DIN was not in stock. I saved about $60 dollars in not ordering the ACD version.

I'm a new diver and would like to someday go tech. Can you guys tell me if there is any difference between the two? (Mechanical failure, perhaps)?

According to Aqualung website the only thing I don't understand is that it claims ACD DIN is better for Nitrox, what gives?

Thanks,

MG

Last edited:
What dies ACD stand for? Is that the spring loaded thing that protects from water entering the first stage, or is that from a different manufacturer? I've never heard of ACD DIN, and my first impression is that it sounds like it may be a gimmick of some sort. I would think this would have been a good question for the person you got it from.

Tom
PS, it's Yoke, not Yolk.

ACD means Automatic Closure Device. The connection is spring loaded and closes when removed from the tank. It is good for all gas mixtures but the only reason that I can think of that they say it's better for nitrox is that it would keep the regulator innards cleaner and free of contaminates.

ACD means Automatic Closure Device. The connection is spring loaded and closes when removed from the tank. It is good for all gas mixtures but the only reason that I can think of that they say it's better for nitrox is that it would keep the regulator innards cleaner and free of contaminates.

Thanks,

That's the answer I was looking for...

MG

What dies ACD stand for? Is that the spring loaded thing that protects from water entering the first stage, or is that from a different manufacturer? I've never heard of ACD DIN, and my first impression is that it sounds like it may be a gimmick of some sort. I would think this would have been a good question for the person you got it from.

Tom
PS, it's Yoke, not Yolk.

Tom,

I did a typo on the YOKE... Thanks for the heads up...

Here's the wording straight from Aqualung's website...

First stage:​
• Auto-Closure Device (ACD) (pat. pend.) seals the regulator’s inlet fitting, both yoke and
DIN, as soon as regulator is removed from the cylinder valve
• This will keep water and contaminants out of the regulator’s first stage during rinsing and​
storage​
• It allows the first stage to maintain peak performance over time
• The first stage will retain its internal lubrication longer
• Makes the first stage safer for nitrox use
• The new ACD feature coupled with the environmental dry chamber results in a first stage​
that is completely sealed off from the environment​
• Unique over-balanced design results in superior performance at all depths
• The two high-pressure ports and four medium-pressure ports are angled for optimum hose​
configuration​
• Compatible with EAN 40 new, out of the box​

Hi,

I own the Legend LX supreme ACD in yolk. I had it converted this weekend to DIN, the ACD version of DIN was not in stock. I saved about $60 dollars in not ordering the ACD version.

I'm a new diver and would like to someday go tech. Can you guys tell me if there is any difference between the two? (Mechanical failure, perhaps)?

According to Aqualung website the only thing I don't understand is that it claims ACD DIN is better for Nitrox, what gives?

The biggest difference is that tech divers, especially of the DIR flavour, would not use something as convoluted and unnecessary as the ACD.

Not only did you save money, you made the right choice.

Yeah, you don't need that. Just remember not to throw it in the rinse tank without a DIN cap.

Tom

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom