Accomodation in Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magnus

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on cheap accomodations in Puerto Galera, Ph.
Preferably at Sabang or Small La Laguna Beach.

I'm interested in places less than US$10 per night.

Thanks.

Sorry there hasn't been a response to your request yet. I am not familiar with the Philippines, but am checking with a friend of mine who used to run a dive shop there for info on budget accommodation for you. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from him.

Meantime, I found these sites on the internet which may be of some use to you:

Octopus Divers

Scubaplus

Action Divers

Hope this helps.

Just saw your post now...

We were at Puerto Galera last month actually and dove with Action Divers. Was my first time there. We only went overnight. Stayed at another place though. As for prices...can't help you there as I didn't have to pay for the dive. Though we did not stay with them and booked accomadations next door to them since it was cheaper. I think Action Divers also has accomadations and two dive shops. Not much help was I...lol. Though I did enjoy the dives...was one of those, take me somewhere, push me in the water....i don't want to think weekends...lol.

hi there!

how's diving at Puerto Gelera?
considering for the month of july but seems like monsoon
begin then 2?
any comments for Alantis Resort?

cheers

Asked a Dive Instructor friend of mine who is familiar with that area...apparently in July the diving is good there at that location. When we went we dove the Canyons which was great! The other spot was called Dungon...had current and a cold dive. Not my type since I usually haul a camera around with me. Did not see much marine life either cept for the occassional big fish. Would like to go back again and do the Bowl since I missed out on that one. The ones that went said it was good also.

As for the resort...sorry can't help you there.

:eek:ut:

Hello!

I went to PG last week but it was just a day trip. The dives were ok, some have more marine life than others, one was just for drift diving in really strong current. I asked my buddy about the accomodations there. He said there are a lot of places where you can stay for 10US/day or even less but the dive shops will charge about 25-30 USD/dive.

Most of these diveshops have their own inns and they have package deals for a 3day-2night stay plus 4-5 dives, prices vary but are still cheaper than a per dive rate.

Not much help on the names of the shops, there are a lot of them there, just go there and walk into the shops and ask for their rates, if you're good at bargaining you can get yourself a pretty good deal.

Good Diving!

Was at PG a week ago (so long already??). Stayed at Club Mabuhay - La Laguna and dived with Mabuhay Dive Resort. The prices not so cheap (ard USD20-25 a dive and USD20 for accomodations). Think there are a few more basic accomodations but no dive shop attached. Suggest you contact a dive operator and he can recommend some places to stay.

Dive sites are great, esp Verde Island.

Hi
I would just get off the boat in sabang and walk around a bit. If you dont want aircon or beachfront you should easily find places around $5 per night. I usually stay at the seahorse where beachfront is (was) $11. Just don't let someone grab your bag and lead you to their buddy's place. Peopl are very nice but can be persistent. You'll have fun

TIP :

you can either come from Batangas pier or from Lea Beach.

when you reach Sabang, be prepared to jump ferries on smaller boat if the beachfrnt is filled with other bancas. you cna have a prearranged resort to find you or like the other post, when you get to sabang, you may scout around for a resort. this may be a challenge if you have heavy luggages.

Normally those that are $10 per night don't have internet websites where you may contact them and make prearrangements.

Back
Top Bottom