Access Denied

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

del_mo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Why can I no longer access the "offshore drilling" thread in Basic Discussions (that is/was moved elsewhere)?

del_mo:
Why can I no longer access the "offshore drilling" thread in Basic Discussions (that is/was moved elsewhere)?
I moved the thread into the Moderator forum for review.

It is being discussed. It will either be returned, edited and returned, or never to be seen again.

Please explain why this was done? I didn't get a chance to see some of the posts.

Hmmmm, seemed like a pretty harmless thread. I only got through page 8...maybe the good stuff was still to come!

Thanks for the reply.

bruehlt:
Please explain why this was done? I didn't get a chance to see some of the posts.
Sure.
bruehlt:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060630...olrGWOs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3OXIzMDMzBHNlYwM3MDM-

The house of representatives has passed a resolution allowing drilling off of the coastal shores of certain areas of the united states.

For those of you that have dove Florida, and California - you know how pristine and beautiful these areas ARE. If you have ever dove Galveston Bay, in Houston TX, you know how HARMFUL allowing this to occur can be!

Contact your senator and urge them to NOT SUPPORT this measure! Its time that we put forth efforts to look towards NEW and RENEWABLE energy resources, and stop raping this planet for minimal gains, as this would do.
TOS:
While we encourage discussion about a wide range of subjects, there are certain areas which elicit more animosity and subsequently far more flames. Consequently we ask that discussions involving politics and nationalities or anything of a sexual nature be reserved for other message boards that are better venues for these topics.

bruehlt,

Seeing as how you started it, you should probably apologize for getting us all worked up. Jeez! :)

Rick,
Can't you just pull a couple of those last ones before catherine pulled herself out and re-post the thread? I thought it was actually a pretty good discussion with everyone in general agreement about the need for alternative energy sources, just debating different perspectives on environmental issues and different ways of getting there. A healthy debate is good for the soul.
Regards,
MEL

MEL-DC Diver:
Rick,
Can't you just pull a couple of those last ones before catherine pulled herself out and re-post the thread? I thought it was actually a pretty good discussion with everyone in general agreement about the need for alternative energy sources, just debating different perspectives on environmental issues and different ways of getting there. A healthy debate is good for the soul.
Regards,
MEL
Yup. I'm beat tonight, but you'll see it back in the morning.

Fat grey line between politics and government. I thought the original post was clearly an interesting report of a government action. Then came the politics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom