Abysmal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Though, I don't own a dive shop, I beleive that some day it's inevitable. I do however have alot of connections for gear including Abysmal. I'd be more than happy to help out!

Originally posted by Nathan
I haven't had time to look at all the specs but that computer costs about 1/2 of the models that I have been looking at.. Which worries me a lot. 4 models that I checked out were priced out at about 1000-1450$.. this one is 450$ As far as the rebreathers go when I get that far I will probably end up with a drager they seem to be the only one really in the competative market at least in colorado.
Just a few thoughts for now.

Why worry about the cost?

Yes, the computer isn't air integrated, so there are less bits to make,
But, What is the difference between the most expensive and the cheepest Alladin computer?

It isn't the cost of making it. They are all made practically identically. You price your entry level at a nice profit, then as you add more SOFTWARE features you charge more.

What is different is the program that is loaded onto the computer. A lot of the computers from any one manufacturer are identical PCB's with different parts of the program activated / dissabled. V similar to how Intel used to make their processors. Doesn't pass the top spec? can we dissable parts and sell it a a lower spec?

When the Buddy Nexus was introduced they publicly said that they would price it according to how much it cost, rather than how much the market would stand. It helps that APvales are pretty much the UK equivalent of Scubapro, they have the BCD market pretty much sewn up in the UK, so have the money to develop products such as this - this is their entry level computer! (their more advanced one is only sold with the rebreather, it controlls the breathed PO2, and monitors decompression status)

For what its worth I think that this is an outstanding computer, and wouldn't hesitate to recomend it.

Jon T

Back
Top Bottom