ABWA Dive Report - 04/15/2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frankc420

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok so, the air temp was 42 degrees, and the water temp was in the mid 60's on the surface (I think). Below 30' the temp was 54 degrees.

Other than that, we did the typical AOW dives. Nothing too eventful, I did however, make a perfect square when doing my navigation :D

Congratz Frank. Maybe I can sneak mine in sometime soon.

Michael

Congrats Frank. Sorry I had to bail on you. I wanted to dive sooooo bad. Oh well. Better luck next time.

mulefeathers:
Who was your instructor and who did your AOW check out dive?

Pierce Clark and Pierce Clark.

I'm not done w/ the dives just yet, he had never done the navigation part in ABWA so he didn't like the idea of me doing it there. I did it, but it seemed to easy to him :D Fine by me, I like challenges! So we're going to a lake in Louisville, MS to do the navigation and search and recovery. We did all 5 of the specialties at ABWA, but I'm going to repeat 2 of them just because... He's very professional and easy to relate with! He is however, very serious about his work as an instructor, which was great for me :D

I had an offer up on several forums for people to join us, but had no1 interested...

snepdiver:
Congrats Frank. Sorry I had to bail on you. I wanted to dive sooooo bad. Oh well. Better luck next time.

Ah, wish you had stayed, would have liked to eat lunch w/ ya :)

After you dive in Lake Tiak'O Khata in Louisville post a report I am very interested in the lake because it is only about 45 minutes from here.

yeah i'd also be interested in lake tiak'O khata. i fear that it will be typical mississippi mud lake (navigation fun!) but i'd love to hear about it.

and as for pelham sunday, it was COLD i didn't get below the thermocline but 52-54 was all i was hearing from anybody who came up. and the 42, cloudy, and high winds made for really cold out-of-water times.

I've never taken a class through Pierce, but I've dived with him - good guy and good diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom