About steel tanks and rigging in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have sliding Drings, why are you reclipping them? Can’t you just slide the D rings?
When my LP85s have 3000 psi in them they're too negative and I need them as far back as possible. Clipping them more forward on the sliding D-rings gets them too low. Around 2000 psi they're ready to be moved to the sliding D rings.

When my LP85s have 3000 psi in them they're too negative and I need them as far back as possible. Clipping them more forward on the sliding D-rings gets them too low. Around 2000 psi they're ready to be moved to the sliding D rings.

Just move them to fixed D's when they get floaty?

I know lp85s are a fan favorite but I think HP100s are a better choice for cold saltwater.

Just move them to fixed D's when they get floaty?

I know lp85s are a fan favorite but I think HP100s are a better choice for cold saltwater.
Why do you prefer hp100 over LP85?
I been thinking indeed to replace the sliding D rings with fixed ones. I like the idea of being able to slide them forward as they get floatier. I don't have enough time with them in the water yet to decide.

Why do you prefer hp100 over LP85?
I been thinking indeed to replace the sliding D rings with fixed ones. I like the idea of being able to slide them forward as they get floatier. I don't have enough time with them in the water yet to decide.

I prefer the HP100s because I dive in Monterey Ca, our water is typically 48-52F at depth, so I need the weight to offset my exposure protection. They do not get floaty even at 500psi. FWIW, I dive PST HP100s which are even more negative than current hp100s if recall correctly.

Which rig and sliding Ds are you using?
I run LP72s which are almost identical to LP85s in dimensions and trim, they run on the sliding Ds just fine.
I'm NOT a fan of really heavy tanks. I'd rather be carrying a bit more lead and the lightest (out of the water) tanks possible.

Which rig and sliding Ds are you using?
I run LP72s which are almost identical to LP85s in dimensions and trim, they run on the sliding Ds just fine.
I'm NOT a fan of really heavy tanks. I'd rather be carrying a bit more lead and the lightest (out of the water) tanks possible.
XDeep BCD and UK sump Dring clones from Piranha. I tried clipping off full LP85s on the sliding Drings and they clearly were hanging too low below my side profile. Not very streamlined.

XDeep BCD and UK sump Dring clones from Piranha. I tried clipping off full LP85s on the sliding Drings and they clearly were hanging too low below my side profile. Not very streamlined.
You should be able to slide those rings way back near the drop-Ds? How long are the tails on your boltsnaps?
My sliders never go further back than just behind my hips with very similar tanks.

Back
Top Bottom