Abalone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
ASAP... though that means different things in differen contexts. Maybe next year. We were diving in PWS and Resurrection Bay last August.

Hi UP, and all you other AK and PNW divers, keep Wrangell in mind too, we could do some walls, weathervane scallops, and a steamship (if the tide gods are with us) :wink:

Poog

Hey SitkaDiver-nice haul of abs, a local Sitkan took me diving off Whale Tail Park last time I was there. I was surprised to find abs right there at the entry point-it was awesome.

Poog

Where I am, abs are covering the sea floor here. I usually make more ab dives per year than I do tank dives. Yummy, i still have some pounded steaks left and ready to eat.

Poog[/QUOTE]
Hey SitkaDiver-nice haul of abs, a local Sitkan took me diving off Whale Tail Park last time I was there. I was surprised to find abs right there at the entry point-it was awesome.

Was wondering who took U diving?

Was wondering who took U diving?[/QUOTE]

(Seakdivers significant other!) :wink:

Poog

sitka diver:
Any body ever get abs any more or dont u people like them?????

I go every year and often. Here in California they have to be a minimum of 7" and you are only allowed three per day and 24 all year regulated fearsly by the hard working DFG. Poaching is a huge issue here, and stings are set up everywhere. I have seen people get ticketed for not having there card punched because they where taking off their wetsuit first before punching it. Although I think that the Highway Patrol and the DFG can be a little over zealous...I do think that what the intentions are good.
Those tasty molusks are great eating though. I like mine either flash fried in a beer batter or just raw with wasabi. mmmmm Can't wait to eat some more.
Happy Abing!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom