AARRGHhh from Northern Virginia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for all the great information. I am going to check out Mt Storm once the holidays are past and everything settles a bit. I'll get to try both my new EAN and dry suit certs out. :wink:
Everyone mentioned all the dive shops around me (being from Centreville) but nothing about Sterling Silver Divers. What is wrong with them? :confused:

Mike

Probably nothing.

They may be new(er)...I've lived in the DC metropolitan area for the last four years and have never heard of them. It's likely just a visibility issue...(no pun intended!) :wink:

That said, many shops in the area cater primarily to recreational divers. VA Scuba and Splash are two exceptions. To an extent it depends on what you're looking for. Try to find a shop that works for you, in terms of people, and develop a mutually rewarding relationship.

Best with your trips and dive safe,

Doc

Thank you all for all the great information. I am going to check out Mt Storm once the holidays are past and everything settles a bit. I'll get to try both my new EAN and dry suit certs out. :wink:
Everyone mentioned all the dive shops around me (being from Centreville) but nothing about Sterling Silver Divers. What is wrong with them? :confused:

Mike

Do you mean Sterling Silver Scuba? A lot is wrong with them! I did mention them in my post when I said "like other sterling shops." I'm not going to badmouth a shop too much here but if you want to know why to avoid them send me a PM. I highly recommend that you stick to the the shops that have been mentioned here. Sterling Silver is not new and there is a reason no one recommended it here...or anytime on SB if I remember correctly (you can even try a search).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom