Aaaarrrrgggghhh!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone else have this problem? I was taking pictures of divers today. They were moving around and I would have the most beautiful shot on my screen, press the release and nada, press again...nada....this would go on for 5 or 7 or more times. You can see that the camera is working on the focus and stuff, but it just doesn't take the picture. Needless to say the divers were moving, the moment is gone and I did't get a picture.

I have a 5050 in an Olympus housing with an Inon strobe and WAL

Thanks girlfriend...wish you could have joined us. We had over 100' vis at the YO with little current. Roger was diving vintage and at turtles I got some great pictures using MWB

I don't know for sure if it would help but if you use the sports setting it might. The camera seems to react quicker on that setting.

:(....sigh...I'm thinking about that too.

The camera works great above - this just happens below :(

It shouldn't happen in M or any other mode. You press the shutter it should go if it focussing etc.

If it is only happening underwater you might need to recheck (I'm sure you've done it at least once already!) the way things are sitting in the housing. Does it always work in the housing on land? If so, I am lost...

I know it's not exactly a solution to your problem going to DSLR, but with the 5050 I did end up missing a lot of shots because of the camera not co-operating when I wanted it to. Don't get me wrong, I got some great shots with the 5050, but the delays I was experiencing at times with the 5050 literally drove me to go DSLR. I did notice that I would have to depress the shutter button half way and wait until the camera was properly focused (which at times took a while) when the lcd screen got brighter, and then I knew the shot would go. This happening more underwater may be perhaps due to increased difficulty in achieving proper focus.

I don't have a 5050 so ignore me if I'm off base here... but I'm having the lag problem with my Optio at times and I'm going to use a focusing light tomorrow to see if the helps. I know if I am in a higher ambient light situation that things happen much faster... but when it is darker it takes forever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom