AAAACCCHHH!!! I'm beached.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I'd been noticing that my polarfleece pants were rather more than damp at the end of a dive, sometimes almost wet. At first, I thought it was just condensation from the inside of the suit, but it seemed to be getting more than that. Last night, on some advice from a friend, I took my drysuit into a dark room and lit it from inside, and lo and behold, one seam (right where I was wet) shows visible needle holes in the seam.

Took the matter to the shop, where they told me there is no quick fix and the suit would have to go in for repair. They took it away from me. I am now suitless :( It will be at least a week.

Worse, the shop only has one small drysuit to rent, and I'm on a first-name basis with it, and know it leaks like a sieve around the neckseal when I'm the one wearing it.

So I am scrambling to try to find some other option . . . I CANNOT go a week without diving, I just CAN'T!!!! Looking for sympathy here, because my husband finds the whole thing profoundly amusing.

TSandM:
I CANNOT go a week without diving, I just CAN'T!!!!
I share your pain, having just finished 2 dives today I'm looking at a dry spell of 5 days or more. It's hard to bear... :17:

I know you find the local ocean water too cold to enjoy wet but how about fresh? This may be an opportunity! I know that in fresh water the life is not as abundant but I find theres something to be said for tranquility, warmth and different critters.

I hope the repair is expedient, I can feel your pain.

Pete

TSandM:
I'd been noticing that my polarfleece pants were rather more than damp at the end of a dive, sometimes almost wet. At first, I thought it was just condensation from the inside of the suit, but it seemed to be getting more than that. Last night, on some advice from a friend, I took my drysuit into a dark room and lit it from inside, and lo and behold, one seam (right where I was wet) shows visible needle holes in the seam.

Took the matter to the shop, where they told me there is no quick fix and the suit would have to go in for repair. They took it away from me. I am now suitless :( It will be at least a week.

Worse, the shop only has one small drysuit to rent, and I'm on a first-name basis with it, and know it leaks like a sieve around the neckseal when I'm the one wearing it.

So I am scrambling to try to find some other option . . . I CANNOT go a week without diving, I just CAN'T!!!! Looking for sympathy here, because my husband finds the whole thing profoundly amusing.

TSandM:

Next time, try Aquaseal before taking it in. Turn the suit inside out and smear it on the inside first, then after it cures, turn it right side out and do the outside. Looks like hell but works pretty well for pinhole leaks...of course if you have a patch kit that works even better! :D

Sounds like you need to get your ebay on to find a backup drysuit! :) (There are a couple on sale on TDS, dunno if they're your size or not.)

Hang in there!

Doc

Hey, there's no reason she can't rent a wet suit and give that a try, is there? Some of us have been diving wet for years without noticeable negative effects.

Doc Intrepid:
works pretty well for pinhole leaks...
Duct tape on the inside works great for pinhole leaks. :D

Of course with a newish suit still under warranty it probably pays to have in sent back in if it is a seam issue.

Wetsuit! Peter, that's harsh! :D Buy her a back up drysuit. :wink:

Peter Guy:
Hey, there's no reason she can't rent a wet suit and give that a try, is there? Some of us have been diving wet for years without noticeable negative effects.

Shoo!

TSandM:
I am scrambling to try to find some other option

Why don't you hit the pool and drill skills?

R..

Shoot, if Bob can have seven regulators, it seems to me I could have a spare drysuit . . .

Uncle Pug:
Wetsuit! Peter, that's harsh! :D Buy her a back up drysuit. :wink:

Sympathize as I may with sufferers of cursed beach-dom I shall have to agree with Peter. Wetsuits have taken me to six degrees on more than one occasion and will likely take me beyond that too.

But maybe I'm overlooking the important aspect of chivalry involved here ;0)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom